Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

DeltaScape, CW: Wasteland; HL2 Re-imagined.

Discussion in 'Communities' started by JxM, Mar 26, 2016.

1. JxM

JxM

[​IMG]
    - DeltaScape
    Introduction
    Hey, I'm JxM, one of the joint owners of DeltaScape Gaming, the community I've ran for a long time now and have founded multiple roleplaying servers under the name, but I've never put effort in to a server like this, especially never founding what I believe to be a unique experience within Garry's Mod, which on behalf of DeltaScape I am proud to announce; CW: Wasteland. It sounds like every other apocalypse server right now, I know, but just hear me out for awhile, hopefully you won't regret it.
    The Community
    When it comes to running a community, I only ever have one thing in mind: fun for the players, myself personally having made more friends through running servers than anywhere else, so when I say our community is a friendly, welcoming experience, I am being honest and I hope that some of you readers plan to become a part of that aspiring community, but enough about that, lets talk about the lore!
    Lore
    This section is a little more lengthy than the introduction, so I've cut down on it a little to not bore you all immensely, below you can find the pathway to the setting the server is in, as well as brief descriptions of the factions that call the wastes home:

During sometime in between 2018 and 2020, at the height of the Combine’s rule, city 17 was host to a war between Lambda and Combine forces. The war waged for weeks, but ended with one swift event; the destruction of the citadel’s reactor. Everyone tells their own version of the story, but all agree that ‘The One Free Man’ and the Lambda Movement were responsible. However, the destruction left in the wake of the blast is normally left out of the story. The blast completed its objective of exiling the Combine from Earth, but also caused horrifying devastation for miles around.

The destruction the blast caused spanned a vast distance. However, the initial explosion only caused structural damage to the city itself, crumbling it to ionized ruin. But the following catastrophe caused the situation in which we find ourselves in today, commonly called ‘The Overture’ by those that bore witness. This event was caused by complete collapse of the Combines reactor, not just the initial breach of containment. This collapse reduced the surrounding land for dozens of kilometers to nothing; infertile, barren wastes, only growing misery, void of all complex life. All flora within the greater radius withered, eventually coming to death in the passing weeks, but ‘The Overture’ had no such effect on humans, leaving them untouched, unmodified and most importantly: alive.

Survivors from the city were scattered and few in number; the Combine forces suffering even greater losses. A lot of the civilian population found themselves a way out of the city prior to the events, but most of the occupants hunkered underground, finding concrete salvation from the blast, only to return to what is now known as ‘The Wastes’. Years passed, decades, nothing ever returning to the way it was. The human populace was given free reign to live in freedom once more, only in a new and much more hostile environment. Since the events of The Overture, no one in the wastes is quite certain of what happened regarding the Combine, The Lambda Movement, or any other past organisation. Only a select few of these remain, and even then they will only ever amount to a shadow of their former glory.

In this hellish landscape a new way of life formed, aggression taking hold of most people, fighting for what they own and trying to take what others call theirs. Turning to war over diplomacy, as well as vehicles becoming a huge part of the culture within the wastes, some individuals even worshiping them, thanking ‘The Metal Mistress’ for bestowing the machines upon them.

These stories take place in the wastes, cut off from the events after the destruction of the Citadel in City 17 there is only one goal for someone who finds themselves unlucky enough to be in the wastes: survive.

TL;DR:
    • Reproduction is possible, so there are characters that were born into the wastes as decades have passed, not knowing the rule of the Combine personally.
    • Combine and Lambda are near completely wiped from the wastes, only being remnants remaining which, the Lambda still helping where they can, but the Combine are practically non existent, having no sort of official ‘faction’. Both of these factions are very weak when compared to some of the other powers that claim territory in the lands.
    This is NOT FINAL, I am not talented when it comes to lore, so it will be updated and refined over time.
    Factions
    Also, I've tried to keep this short, as to not to bore you all, getting in the essentials:
    As previously stated, there are multiple factions all with their own territory within the land, but the relationships between these factions are varied and very fragile, none of them having any sort of ‘deal’, or alliance.

The Lambda Movement
    One of the least prominent factions in the area, only having a small, trustworthy band of men and women in their ranks, doing what they can to help innocent survivors, but they don’t have anywhere near the resources they had pre-war, only suspected to have around 10 or 20 members to their name, hiding away in an unknown location, only showing themselves for supply runs, or other tasks.

The Dwellers
    This faction is well known to occupy the abandoned mining tunnels of the area, utilizing what equipment still works down there, as well as repairing what doesn’t. Even though it is just some tunnels, the structure of said tunnels as well as the pre-war corporation facilities make it a robust, nigh impenetrable fortress. They are neutral towards most other factions, favoring the Lambda Movement, but do not agree with their methodologies. Instead only looking out for their own, keeping to themselves and rarely leaving their residence except for supply runs or trades between other factions.

Unlike the free city, this faction does all of its resource production ‘in house’. Reaping minerals from the Earth, the most important of which being oil; the sole source of a steady supply of fossil fuels in the area. This gives them a massive vehicular advantage, having the largest amount of them at their disposal, normally exchanging their fuel with the free city for their metals and materials to enhance their vehicles.

The Free City
    This city is a home to refugees that want no part of a faction, those that have escaped the Combine occupied cities to try and find their freedom once more. The Free City doesn’t have an agenda other than to help all those it can, protecting them from the less righteous forces outside the city. However, a lot of their aid comes from the Lambda Movement, as they are presumed to be located nearby. Conveying resources in trades between the two factions and always willing to protect what they earn, these convoys are among the most armoured and defended in the wastes, but are a big target for neutral raiders in the area.

It is well known that The Free City utilizes the pre-war factory to produce high quality metals and alloys. Gathering the ore for these advanced materials is done either through trade with the The Dwellers or dangerous forays into Antlion-infested cave systems.

The Remnant
    The origins of this faction is shrouded in mystery, every survivor telling their own story, normally revolving around the founding members being officers of the MPF, only being backed up by their appearance, donning relics of the life before the wastes, but all agree on one thing: they are ruthless savages, preying on the weak for their own gain. They utilize powerful vehicles and weapons, mostly focusing on intercepting the supply runs of the other factions with utter brutality. They follow no set of morals, having no rules or respect when it comes to facing their enemies.

The location of this faction is unknown, but it is believed to be very hard to access, somewhere in the deep, rough parts of the wastes.

TL;DR:

The Lambda Movement - very small band of survivors, most of which being around for the Combine’s rule, only recruiting those that follow their morals. This faction will be for those that desire a roleplay-rich experience with a tight knit band of survivors, doing what they can to help.
    Leader: TBA

The Free City - ran by survivors, defended by survivors. There is a hierarchy, but it isn’t forceful on its occupants, only asking those within its borders to act respectfully and stay away from the industrial zones. There is a bustling economy due to their in house traders, all of which stay in the warehouse district. This is the place to go if you want to buy weapons or supplies, even vehicles. This is the place you want to stay if you want to fight for the good side.

The Dwellers - have similar morals to the free city, but don’t actively allow survivors into the base, processing them and interviewing them if they want a place in the faction, having strict rules, only allowing those with promise into their faction. They are ‘good’ in a way, but are much more selfish than The Free City.

The Remnant - founded by MPF members that survived the city 17 incident and the overture, banding together to prey on the weak and innocent. In simple terms they are bandits, powerful and ruthless, but they are very, very efficient, only accepting those into their ranks that they believe will be an asset, finding these people by reputation alone, as they kill anyone they come across otherwise:
    Features
    Now that all of that is out of the way, I can go on to telling you all about the features within the schema. First and foremost we offer a diverse economy, with traders enforcing this in the largest settlement, as well as an expansive crafting and looting system for those that want to be able to provide for themselves. We are also nearly ready to implement a legitimate, fine tuned mining system, which will offer a high-risk, high-reward system; the deeper you delve into the caves, the more resources. All of this is mixed in with the active supply runs in between factions, allowing those with devilish designs in mind to seize the resources, even founding their own factions if they want to, which in extension all falls on the core element of the wasteland: vehicles.

Right now we can offer a large amount of vehicles, which we are planning to make completely customizable by the user, but for now they rely on the gathering and refining of resources by enlisting the help of the factions, or independently if you choose so. Getting a hold of your own vehicle is all but easy, though, taking a lot of resources and skills, as previously mentioned only the factions having a steady source of the resources, but this can easily be interrupted, or taken advantages of, but I don't want to repeat myself, I've already said enough on this matter. Some of the cars can be seen below in their upgraded appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Concluding
    I think I've said enough about the server, so thank you if you read long enough to reach this point and I hope I'll see some of you join on
    27/03/16, 6pm GMT!
    And I don't boast to be an amazing coder, I've tried my best, but I'm just hoping it is enough, anyway. I hope to see some of you show up if you like the idea, if not, thanks for reading! :D
    - My Steam, add me if you have questions
    - Forums!
    - Steam Group
    - Content
    - IP: 185.38.151.233:27065

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. Delta

Delta

Looks good, cool concept, descriptive thread. Quite like the name too.

Only issue is the content pack, it has some useless stuff in it to be honest. Addons such as the Wiremod addon, toggle shadow tool, and the gas can swep are rather odd picks. Either way, will definitely check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JxM

JxM

To be totally honest I didn't even realise they were still in, I was using this collecting for something in the past. Consider them gone :D

4. Lev

Lev certified honorable guy Legend Clockwork Customer

pretty descriptive about how the server will run with a nice lore that's easy on the eyes.

though the thread itself is bland, you managed to make it look well done.

definitely caught my eye, will be on at launch. seems interesting, good job.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JxM

JxM

I've never been one for flashy looks, but at least I tried, look forward to seeing you there :D

6. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal?

mpf as bandit's and bad guys?
    count me in!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Canoness

Canoness

Definitely will investigate this with my friends.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JxM

JxM

Look forward to seeing you there!

9. Zoo

Zoo title

I'll be checking this out, it seems interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JxM

JxM

Launch has been postponed for a day, now launching on the 27th as I've ran into some person problems outside of Garry's Mod, same time tomorrow at 6pm GMT, thought I'd just let you all know

11. Squirrels Mcgee

Squirrels Mcgee fallout 4 = "power armour hoarding sim"

Will this have pac3? I'd love to work run around as a slutty chell then change into a demon angel and kill someone. (JK)

12. JxM

JxM

I've been getting a lot of requests to add it in, especially due to the Mad Max feel of the whole setting, so I'm definitely considering it ur not having it tho

13. Squirrels Mcgee

Squirrels Mcgee fallout 4 = "power armour hoarding sim"

Your sure?
    Warning: *Lenny face*
    [​IMG]

14. A Retarded Whale

A Retarded Whale

I'll be there to check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. probably one of the better community threads i've seen all week, good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  16. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Manager Developer Legend Clockwork Customer

ftfy :rolleyes:

ill check it out soon, been looking for a server to sink my money teeth into

17. JxM

JxM

Thanks! :D
    donations are a thing y'know

18. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Manager Developer Legend Clockwork Customer

too bad I'm poor

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. jojo

jojo mutual Clockwork Customer

really not my kind of thing but good luck, it sounds fun for someone who'd enjoy this kind of RP

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. JxM

JxM

Launching today at 6pm GMT, come swing by if you're interested!
    IP: 185.38.151.233:27065

• Like Like x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)